Translation of solemn in Spanish:
- 1.1 (serious, formal)(occasion/plea/silence)to make o give a/one's solemn promise/oath/vow1.2 (grave, over-serious)hacer una promesa/un juramento/un voto solemne(person)(face)Example sentences1.3 (somber, dark)
- The painter's face assumed a serious, almost solemn expression.
- When you go into a courtroom you are doing something very serious and solemn and you are representing more than just the rights of your client.
- His brown eyes were serious and solemn as he watched her.
- It's a solemn, formal occasion witnessed with pride by family and friends.
- The funeral procession was solemn but lofty, as befit the prince.
- We went then from the cold church in solemn procession, singing litanies into the thin air.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.