Translation of soothe in Spanish:
- 1 (calm)(nerves)
calmar(longing)to soothe somebody's vanity
aplacarhalagarle la vanidad a alguiento soothe somebody's fearstranquilizar a alguiendisipar los temores de alguien [literary]Example sentences
- Sir Irwin held him down gently, soothing him with soft words and petting him.
- Somehow, the music soothed her, and calmed her down.
- I need something warm to calm my nerves, soothe my agitation.
- 2 (relieve)Example sentences
- There might have been withheld from the Saviour those strong religious consolations, those clear views of the justice and goodness of God, which would have blunted his pains and soothed his agonies.
- It's involved in glucosamine synthesis for speedier joint repair, and it soothes aches, pains and inflammation.
- Taking to the waters to soothe aches and pains has been a hallmark of the resort for more than a century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.