Translation of speaker in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (person who speaks) all eyes turned to the speaker todas las miradas se volvieron hacia quien hablabaExample sentences1.2 (in public) orador, (masculine, feminine) he's a good speaker es muy buen orador
Example sentences1.3 (of language) hablante (masculine and feminine) a native speaker of Spanish, a Spanish native speaker un hablante nativo de español, un hispanohablante
- This has the effect of distancing the speaker from the hearer.
- The closeness between the two speakers gave their following conversation a clandestine air.
- The underlying system of rules also enables the hearer to understand what the speaker said.
Example sentences1.4 [Politics/Política] (presiding officer) presidente, (masculine, feminine) Mr Speaker Señor Presidente Madam Speaker Señora Presidente
- In a majority of the lectures, speakers focused on the historical circumstances of photography that have led to its current state.
- Guest speakers include David Ledsham, lecturer in art and design at the University of Ulster, and John Wood from Goldsmiths College in London.
- In 1962 he was a guest speaker at Cambridge's University Indian Society.
- What marks a proficient second or foreign language speaker is their command of idioms and other fixed expressions.
- The intermarriage of Bantu language speakers with the Khoe and San peoples gave rise to new varieties of languages such as Xhosa.
- A native Marathi speaker, Bal keeps a bound volume of Ramdas open on his table.
- President Delaney, the Speaker of the House, and a bevy of civilian and military officials sat silently as the count slowly approached zero.
- Russell is a policy analyst for the Office of the Speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives.
- Three years later he became the first Speaker of the new House of Assembly and held that position until he retired in October 1880.
- 2 [Audio] 2.1 (loudspeaker) altavoz (masculine), (alto)parlante (masculine) (South America/América del Sur) 2.2 (of hi-fi) baf(f)le (masculine), parlante (masculine) (South America/América del Sur)Example sentences
- Lightning Audio produces amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers and accessories for mobile audio markets.
- Creative sells a set of stereo speakers with no subwoofer that you can find online for about $15.
- It includes a DVD player, a receiver, five surround speakers, and a subwoofer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.