Translation of speck in Spanish:
- 1.1 (spot, stain) manchita (feminine) I watched them until they were specks in the sky me quedé mirándolos hasta que no eran más que unos puntos en el cieloExample sentences1.2 (particle, tiny bit) mota (feminine) a speck of dust/soot una mota de polvo/hollín the wool has specks of red and blue in it la lana tiene motitas or pintitas rojas y azules
Example sentences1.3 (trace) pizca (feminine) add just a speck of sugar/milk agregue una pizca de azúcar/una gota de leche there's not a speck of truth in the rumor no hay ni pizca de verdad en el rumor
- Floaters are tiny spots or specks that seem to float across your eyes.
- They are tiny specks admittedly but of such a vivid blue you can spot them a mile off.
- From here the panorama was different and the foreground had rolling hills dotted by tiny, shiny specks which were actually slate tiled roofs reflecting sunlight.
- Hens herd their chicks from the shade of one log to the next, searching for specks of grain along the way.
- Aside from the occasional specks of dirt and some light grain in dawn/dusk and night scenes, it is a soft transfer but respectable for a twenty-three year old film.
- Riders were arriving with red dirt caked on thick to their faces, with specks of dirt attaching themselves to each singular pore and whisker.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.