- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (system, ability) ortografía (feminine) to be good/bad at spelling tener* buena/mala ortografía (before noun/delante del nombre) spelling bee concurso (masculine) de ortografía spelling mistake falta (f) de ortografía, error (m) ortográficoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (of a word) grafía (f), ortografía (f) there are several spellings of this word esta palabra tiene varias grafías or ortografías, esta palabra se escribe de varias maneras
- But when the activity involved spelling, it was up to me.
- We are not anarchists when it comes to spelling or punctuation of written Standard English.
- For example, the language arts course consists of four subject areas: capitalization, punctuation, word usage and spelling.
More example sentences
- This is a logical finding, given that spelling is a verbal ability.
- Rapidly deteriorating, Charlie's punctuation and spelling worsen and he prays that he may retain the ability to read and write.
- You can probably tell by my writing, and my spelling and grammar, that I've had some learning since I've been out here.
- As a result, hundreds of words have the same spellings in both languages, which also share a battery of Latin affixes.
- Mayo County Council will encourage the use of the Irish language and the use of native Irish spelling of place names in the naming of housing developments.
- We wrote out the correct spelling of his name, along with a phonetic pronunciation.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.