Translation of spiral in Spanish:
- 1.1 (shape) espiral (feminine) 1.2 (movement) espiral (feminine) inflationary spiral espiral (feminine) inflacionariaExample sentences1.3 (of smoke) voluta (feminine), espiral (feminine)
- However, I do remember clearly the double spiral (figure-of-eight) shape.
- Small spiral shaped gills are found, which pick up oxygen from the water.
- In ever-more-abstracted form and diverse media, these elemental shapes, such as spirals, labyrinths, lozenges, and goddesses, recurred in her work.
- [shape] de espiral, acaracolado; [descent] en espiral spiral notebook cuaderno (masculine) de espiral
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- 1.1 (increase) [unemployment] escalar; [prices] dispararse spiraling prices precios (masculine plural) que se disparan or que suben vertiginosamente 1.2 (move) (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo) to spiral up/down subir/bajar en espiral the leaf spiraled (down) to the ground la hoja cayó al suelo describiendo una espiral smoke spiraled up from the chimney volutas de humo salían de la chiminea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas