Translation of spiral in Spanish:
- 1.1 (shape) espiral (feminine) 1.2 (movement) espiral (feminine) inflationary spiral espiral (feminine) inflacionariaExample sentences1.3 (of smoke) voluta (feminine), espiral (feminine)
- However, I do remember clearly the double spiral (figure-of-eight) shape.
- Small spiral shaped gills are found, which pick up oxygen from the water.
- In ever-more-abstracted form and diverse media, these elemental shapes, such as spirals, labyrinths, lozenges, and goddesses, recurred in her work.
- [shape] de espiral, acaracolado; [descent] en espiral spiral notebook cuaderno (masculine) de espiral
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- 1.1 (increase) [unemployment] escalar; [prices] dispararse spiraling prices precios (masculine plural) que se disparan or que suben vertiginosamente 1.2 (move) (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo) to spiral up/down subir/bajar en espiral the leaf spiraled (down) to the ground la hoja cayó al suelo describiendo una espiral smoke spiraled up from the chimney volutas de humo salían de la chiminea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a