Translation of spiral in Spanish:
- 1 (shape)Example sentences
- However, I do remember clearly the double spiral (figure-of-eight) shape.
- Small spiral shaped gills are found, which pick up oxygen from the water.
- In ever-more-abstracted form and diverse media, these elemental shapes, such as spirals, labyrinths, lozenges, and goddesses, recurred in her work.
en espiralExample sentences
- The way in which the spiral patterns of sunflower seeds and pine cones grow is described by the sequence, and it is common for the number of petals on a flower to be a Fibonacci number.
- It was like a pink disk, flat, and inch across, a spiral pattern of tiny dots on its surface.
- Arrange all integers in a hexagonal spiral pattern.
- All include a mezzanine level with a wrought-iron spiral stairway leading from a comfortable sitting area to the bedroom above.
- Quiet, clean and spare, it led, past a short spiral stairway with a gallery, to a darker room.
- Patsy got up thereafter and redressed, put on her makeup and then went downstairs and found the three-page ransom note at the bottom of the spiral stairway.
intransitive verb (British English) -ll-
- 1 (increase)(unemployment)
dispararseprecios (masculine plural) que se disparan or que suben vertiginosamenteExample sentences
- Shortages for low-income Torontonians were once again rampant, rents were spiraling and evictions were increasing.
- As tensions have spiraled between Pyongyang and the US, Anti-American sentiment has exploded in South Korea.
- The stress with trying to move house has spiralled out of all control and doesn't look like it's going to reduce in the near future.
- 2 (move) (+ adverb complement) to spiral up/downsubir/bajar en espiralthe leaf spiraled (down) to the groundla hoja cayó al suelo describiendo una espiralsmoke spiraled up from the chimneyvolutas de humo salían de la chimineaExample sentences
- Jane stared down at the water, the fish spiralling, swimming, moving with the current.
- A huge blaze at an industrial park in Leeds last night sent plumes of black smoke spiralling nearly 2,000 ft into the air.
- Faint smoke spiraled off the battery connections as they heated up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.