Translation of spiral in Spanish:
- 1.1 (shape) espiral (feminine) 1.2 (movement) espiral (feminine) inflationary spiral espiral (feminine) inflacionariaExample sentences1.3 (of smoke) voluta (feminine), espiral (feminine)
- However, I do remember clearly the double spiral (figure-of-eight) shape.
- Small spiral shaped gills are found, which pick up oxygen from the water.
- In ever-more-abstracted form and diverse media, these elemental shapes, such as spirals, labyrinths, lozenges, and goddesses, recurred in her work.
- [shape] de espiral, acaracolado; [descent] en espiral spiral notebook cuaderno (masculine) de espiral
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- 1.1 (increase) [unemployment] escalar; [prices] dispararse spiraling prices precios (masculine plural) que se disparan or que suben vertiginosamente 1.2 (move) (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo) to spiral up/down subir/bajar en espiral the leaf spiraled (down) to the ground la hoja cayó al suelo describiendo una espiral smoke spiraled up from the chimney volutas de humo salían de la chiminea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.