Translation of spleen in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (Anatomy)Example sentences1.2 (anger) [literary] to vent one's spleen (on somebody)
desahogar su ( or mi etc) ira or cólera (contra alguien)Example sentences
- Glass particles were found in the pulmonary capillaries, livers, kidneys, spleens, and intestinal walls of animals studied.
- These lesions have been reported in the brain, 3 lymph nodes, 4 spleens, 5 lungs, 6 and several other sites.
- The lateral approach provides an excellent view of the splenic vessels, pancreas, and accessory spleens.
- No sisterhood here: both Anna and Claire vent their spleen upon her with hilariously withering spite.
- Every now and again - usually these days in grand slam finals - they get the chance to vent their spleen and lay into each other in public.
- So blogging will be light for the next two weeks or so, until I find a new equilibrium, or a compelling reason to vent my spleen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.