Translation of splinter in Spanish:
- (of wood)Example sentences
- Their room was filled with glass shards and wood splinters.
- She looked down at her hands, bloody from the myriad of wood splinters and glass shards that had imbedded themselves in her skin.
- The splinter from the broken glass hit Evelyn's right shin, leaving a two-inch gash.
- 1.1 (break into pieces)(wood/bone)some bits of metal splintered off
astillarsese desprendieron algunos trocitos de metal1.2(political party/society)the left wing splintered off to form a new party
dividirseel ala izquierda se separó or se escindió para formar un nuevo partidoExample sentences
- Tymoshenko is expected to close at least some of the gap by picking up votes splintered among candidates in the first round.
- In fact, the black community is on the verge of becoming much more politically splintered.
- Any attempt to expel certain groups based on untrue allegations will be likely to splinter the movement unnecessarily.
- The thought enraged her further and her fist hit the mirror, shattering it and splintering the wooden frame around it.
- Some were popped out of their frames by the force of the exploding jet fuel, but they fell without breaking or splintering.
- Coat wooden handles with boiled linseed oil to help preserve them and prevent splintering and breaking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.