Translation of spook in Spanish:
- 1 (ghost)Example sentences
- Judge Steve Evans takes on these unspooky spooks and non-existent ghosts - and he doesn't mind one bit.
- In their flower-powered custom van, the Mystery Machine, this teenage detective agency prowls the countryside in search of suspicious spooks and phony phantoms.
- The Ghosts Of Pac-Man asks a number of searching questions about the blamanche-like spooks in the early eighties video arcade game.
- 2 (secret policeman, policewoman)(American English) [colloquial] [pejorative]
agente (masculine and feminine) de la policía secreta
tira (masculine and feminine) (Latin America) [slang] [pejorative]
secreta (masculine and feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Burke hooks Clayton in by suggesting that his father, who died under mysterious circumstances 10 years earlier, may actually have been a CIA spook as well.
- ‘Nobody ever heard of paying spooks until we began the practice,’ said ancient Abraham, cackling wheezily.
- The recent string of intelligence failures has provoked calls for creating a Director of National Intelligence who would have broad oversight over all spooks.
- 3(a spy) espía (masculine and feminine)
- (American English)
pegarle un susto a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.