- 1.1 countable/numerable (tree) picea (feminine), abeto (masculine) falsoMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (wood) picea (feminine)
- The best trees to plant with wildlife in mind are cherry and mulberry for their fruits, pines and spruces for their seed-bearing cones and deciduous trees that vary in size and density.
- This nest is usually in a spruce or other conifer and may be 4'40 feet up.
- ‘I wanted my husband to plant a big spruce so that at Christmas I could decorate it with lights,’ she says.
adjective/adjetivo (sprucer, sprucest)
- [person] arreglado, prolijo (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; [appearance] cuidado, acicalado; [garden] cuidado, arreglado she was looking very spruce estaba muy arreglada or [humorous/humorístico] peripuestaMore example sentences
- In outward appearance, he was a cherubically round man, about 45, in a spruce pinstripe suit and a new blue tie.
- To turn up at County Hall looking dapper and spruce would have been to strike a false, jarring note of misplaced optimism.
- The place has also recently been restored and so is looking quite spruce.