Translation of squeak in Spanish:
- 1 (of animal, person) chillido (masculine); (of hinge, pen) chirrido (masculine); (of shoes) crujido (masculine) to give o let out a squeak pegar* un chillido any messages from New York? — not a squeak ¿algún mensaje de Nueva York? — ni una palabra or [colloquial/familiar] ni pío I don't want to hear a squeak out of anyone [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico] no quiero que se oiga ni el vuelo de una moscaExample sentences
- ‘I wasn't aware dinner had been served,’ I replied my voice sounding like a squeak when it came out.
- Grover Norquist, on the other hand, speaks like a man who had all the delight squeezed out of him years ago, leaving him with nothing in his voice but a high-pitched squeak of disdain.
- It made short purring sounds, mixed with squeaks, then it vanished.
- 2 (escape) [colloquial/familiar] a narrow o (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) close squeak we got there in time, but it was a narrow squeak llegamos a tiempo, pero por un pelo or por los pelos [colloquial/familiar] she's never actually had an accident, but she's had several narrow squeaks nunca ha llegado a tener un accidente pero se ha salvado por un pelo or por los pelos varias veces [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Still, even while driving in and out of Irish potholes, you'll hear no squeak or feel no squirm from the structure or fittings.
- And have we heard a squeak from the director with the verbal incontinence?
- Now, we have been blessed with a good summer and very few people are saying squeak.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the