Translation of stage in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (platform)(in theater) escenario (masculine)to go on stagesalir a escena or al escenarioto hold the stagecautivar al públicoan important figure on the world/international stageuna importante figura de la escena mundial/internacionalto set the stage for somethingcrear el marco para algo(before noun) stage costumes stage designerescenógrafo, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)stage director stage effects stage lightingiluminación (feminine) escénicastage set stage showfunción (feminine) or representación (feminine) teatralExample sentences1.2 (medium) the stage
el teatrohe doesn't write exclusively for the stageno escribe solo obras de teatrohis ambition was to appear on the London stagesu ambición era actuar en los escenarios londinenses(before noun) stage adaptationadaptación (feminine) teatral or para la escena1.3 (profession) the stageel teatroto go on the stage
- An actor gets on stage and performs and you have a moment of true inspiration.
- A properly trained voice is an asset to any actor, especially to those who perform on stage.
- Ms Carey will perform the stunt on stage at the Hull New Theatre during the run, from tonight until Saturday.
las tablas [journalistic]hacerse actor/actrizto leave the stagedejar el teatro
abandonar las tablas [journalistic](before noun) (actress)
- 2 (in development, activity) the project is in its final stage(s)el proyecto está en su última fase or etapathe various stages of development of the fetuslas distintas fases or etapas or [formal] los distintos estadios del desarrollo embrionariothe early/late stages of pregnancylos primeros/últimos meses del embarazoat a later stage at this late stage, there is little we can doa estas alturas, poco es lo que podemos hacerwe'll need to discuss this at some stageen algún momento vamos a tener que hablar de estoat this stage in the gamea esta altura del partidoI'd reached the stage where I didn't care any morehabía llegado a un punto en que ya no me importababy this stage, we were all exhausteda esas alturas, ya estábamos todos agotadosit's just a stage she's going throughno es más que una etapa que está atravesandoto do something in stageshacer algo por etapasFrench grammar in o by stagesla gramática francesa paso a pasoExample sentences
- Lastly there may be a stage of exhaustion, tiredness and weakness.
- All stages of the re-entry went according to plan.
- The argument at this point proceeds in three stages.
- 3 (of rocket) a three-stage rocketun cohete de tres fasesExample sentences
- The first, second, and third stages of the Soyuz launch vehicle fired and separated by 11 minutes into the rocket's flight.
- Russian and European engineers will work together to develop reusable liquid engines, reusable liquid stages and experimental vehicles.
- Three of the four stages exhausted their solid propellants through a single adjustable nozzle which guided the missile along its flight path.
- 1 1.1 (carry out, hold)(strike/demonstration)
hacer(coup)the team staged a dramatic recovery
darel equipo se rehabilitó de forma espectacularshe staged a comeback five years laterhizo su reaparición cinco años más tardeExample sentences1.2 (engineer, arrange) the interview was obviously staged
la entrevista fue obviamente arreglada or orquestadaExample sentences
- The event was staged by concert organisers, Young Voices.
- The new service is already in talks with several high profile public sector organisations about staging large-scale forums.
- He also thanked the venues for hosting the events and the rest of the committee members for their work in organising and staging the event.
- Whenever I watch England when they're in a leading position, the possibility of their opponents staging an unexpected comeback is always at the back of my mind.
- Trailing by ten points with less than ten minutes left, Malton staged a dramatic comeback to snatch the win.
- They're listening intently or with anger to a master of sound bytes who staged a dramatic comeback.
- 2 (Theater)(play)
poner en escena
- Adult performers will be staging a one-act play as part of the drama night in December.
- Although they stage the same play, the performance is different each night.
- For Joan D' Mello, Assistant Director of Aliyavar, staging the play was a dream come true.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.