Translation of stain in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dirty mark) mancha (feminine) blood stain mancha de sangre I couldn't get the stain out no pude quitar la mancha, la mancha no salióExample sentences1.2 (dye) tintura (feminine), tinte (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (on character) mancha (feminine), mácula (feminine) [literary/literario]
- Then when I tried to spit on my fingers and clean the stains they become dirty mud stains.
- Anna was dressed in a dirty nightgown with mud stains on her.
- Trouble is it's so hot it's difficult to remove those stubborn stains.
- Now several companies are providing training for stamped concrete, polymer overlays, and chemical stains.
- They cut borders and pattern lines into the surface to separate different applications of colored chemical stains.
- Chemical stains and polymer toppings are now being distributed through construction supply houses.
- Fully 18 months after being suspended from duty they can go back to work without a stain on their reputations.
- That it is largely ignored is a stain on the reputation of those who would have us believe they have the good of the theatre at heart.
- It is a story of savage in-fighting which has left a bloody stain on the club's reputation.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [wine/tea] manchar 1.2 [fabric] mancharse 1.3 [Biology/Biología] [cell] teñirse* to stain blue/red teñirse* de azul/rojo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.