Translation of stamp in Spanish:
- 1also: postage stamp1.1 (before noun) stamp albumálbum (masculine) de sellos (or estampillas etc)stamp dealer 1.2also: trading stamp1.3also: revenue stamp
- 2 2.1 (instrument)also: rubber stampsello (masculine) or (in Chile also) timbre (masculine) (de goma)metal stamp 2.2 (printed mark) visa stampsello de visadoExample sentences
- You receive numerous documents with official looking stamps, seals and logo testifying to the authenticity of the proposal.
- It's all very safe, and given the stamp of official approval.
- You've really given the stamp of official approval to one expert when in fact he might be totally wrong in his approach, and then once again, he has to be subjected to challenge if necessary.
- Hathaway used a variety of stamps to mark his tools.
- Another advantage is that you can actually group stamps on the same block and print them together.
- The block stamp was placed on the reverse of the DN to avoid obscuring clinical information on the face.
- 3 (character) his work bears the stamp of geniussu obra lleva la impronta or el sello (distintivo) de la genialidada principal who left her stamp on the instituteuna directora que dejó su impronta or huella en el institutoa woman of that stamp [formal]una mujer como ellaExample sentences
- The courts in this country, besides, have put their final stamp of authority on the authenticity of her citizenship.
- The vessels they made out of clay had the stamp of genius.
- The recording is excellent and the performance has the stamp of authenticity.
- 1 (with foot)(ground)to stamp one's foot
dar una patada endar una patada en el sueloto stamp something downapisonar algoExample sentences
- Jeter, pouting and petulant, stamped his feet and flung his hat around in the dugout.
- Madelaine Hudson sang and played guitar, accompanied by African drums and pennywhistle, then a group of belly dancers from Orbost got the crowd clapping their hands and stamping their feet.
- His feet stamped hard on the ground, like a steady beat of the drum issuing a warning.
- 2(letter/parcel)send a self-addressed stamped envelope
ponerle sellos ( or estampillas etc) a
estampillar (Latin America)
timbrar (Mexico)envíe un sobre franqueado or (in Latin America also) estampillado or (Mexico) timbrado con su direcciónExample sentences
- On August 31, 2001, Kitty stamped her last letter as postmistress of the local post office.
- They then have to be folded and put into envelopes to be stamped.
- We have no idea of Joe's medical history, but were we to see his files, they would be stamped in bold, red letters: SANE.
- 3 3.1(passport/ticket)he stamped the invoice with the date
sellarselló la factura con la fecha3.2 the words were stamped on her memorytenía las palabras grabadas en la memoriashe stamped her personal style on the companydejó su impronta en la compañía
le imprimió su sello personal a la compañíaExample sentences
- Hollow-back shovels are usually stamped from a metal sheet that's rolled over to create a depression called a frog.
- Meireles's marionette is stamped from thin rubber and was suspended from a rotating rod at the ceiling.
- Some bills are stamped from playful denominations carved into insulation boards.
- Once bowls are tested by an official tester, they will be stamped with an oval logo inside. which is the number 11.
- Lay the fabric over the design, and stamp the fabric in areas to complement the embroidery.
- The metallic surface has been stamped and antiqued using Adirondack Alcohol inks.
- 1.1 (with foot)(person)
dar patadas en el suelo(horse)1.2 (walk) she stamped upstairs/out of the room
piafarsubió la escalera/salió de la casa pisando fuerte
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.