Translation of station in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Railways) railroad or (British) railway station subway or (British) underground stationestación de metro or (Río de la Plata) de subterráneoExample sentences1.2
also: bus stationestación (feminine) de autobuses
- Bruno has to fly out from Madras, so next stop is the railway station to book his train ticket.
- We pass several Virginia railway express commuter stations, before stopping at Manassas.
- Many bus services finish at 7 pm, few buses stop outside train stations and passengers are forced to walk long distances to catch another bus or train.
terminal (feminine) de autobuses
emisora (feminine) (de radio)
estación (feminine) (de radio) (Latin America)Example sentences
- All six BBC local radio stations will be broadcasting from the roadshow venues and there will be the opportunity for people to meet some of the region's favourite broadcasters.
- The BBC local radio station is broadcasting full match commentary from 10.00 am to noon on Saturday.
- We are now officially the most listened to BBC radio station in our broadcast area.
- 4 4.1 (Military) action stations!¡zafarrancho de combate!it was panic stations when the inspector arrived [colloquial]
¡a sus puestos de combate!hubo tremendo revuelo cuando llegó el inspector [colloquial]Example sentences
Example sentences4.2 (Religion)the Stations of the Cross
- In this way it was able to locate air bases and establish naval stations which would be invaluable if war occurred.
- Possibly the best thing about having military stations near your beat is the ability to visit and take a closer look.
- As is known, the ergonomic norm for continuous operation by command staff at a command and control station is five to seven hours.
el Vía Crucis
- It's the kind of record you know you're going to buy twenty seconds into it but you stand at the listening station and sample every track anyway.
- Rockefeller's pews are pressed into duty as a staging station for the organ's pipes and sound boxes.
- If the patrol gains contact, a scout weapons team can respond and be on station within minutes.
las Estaciones de la CruzExample sentences
- The stations seem to have originated in the pious practice of pilgrims to the Holy Land who visited the sites of the life, suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus.
- 5 (social rank)condición (feminine)her station in life forbade such action
clase (feminine) socialuna mujer de su condición no podía hacer tal cosato have ideas above one's stationtener delirios de grandezahe married beneath his stationse casó con una mujer de posición social inferior a la suyaExample sentences
- He is more interested in the bonds between people than their social or economic stations.
- Marrying above one's station has been the source of fairy tales, mythology, and Hollywood movies.
- It is not a far cry from thinking a person is beneath one's station to thinking a person's function is beneath one's station.
- 6 (US) (subsidiary post office)sucursal (feminine) de correosExample sentences
- Now, what does the postal inspectors look at at the post office station before it comes to the recipient?
- It had two stores, a post office and telegraph station, wheelwrights, blacksmiths and a pound.
- 7 (Australian) (Farming)cattle/sheep stationfinca (feminine) ganadera/ovina
hacienda (feminine) ganadera/ovina (esp Latin America)
rancho (masculine) ganadero/ovino (Mexico)
estancia (feminine) ganadera/ovina (Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- Prince Harry is off to spend a few weeks on a cattle and sheep station, location unknown.
- With the help of the many Afghan cameleers it provided a much needed service to many of the isolated cattle and sheep stations.
- Stockman work with stock - animals and jackaroos are what Australian farmers are called that work on outback stations with sheep or cattle.
- 1 (position) she stationed herself behind the wallse colocó detrás de la paredExample sentences
- We will continue to contribute to the purpose of stationing our troops there.
- He and the members of his International Rescue Corps are stationed at an Iranian military base in the city.
- France began stationing military personnel in French Polynesia in 1962.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.