- 1.1 (status) talla (feminine) moral stature talla moral a writer of international stature un escritor de talla internacional a person of stature una persona importante or destacadaMore example sentences1.2 (height) [formal] estatura (feminine), talla (feminine)
More example sentences
- The Sunday Herald's business section is growing in stature - and broadening its horizons.
- Manager Gerard Houllier believes Owen is growing in stature in more ways then one.
- My course was engrossing, and it was taught by lawyers and academics of stature and reputation.
- Short in stature and built along sturdy lines, his fingers ended in lengthy claws and his canines glinted sharply.
- Hadn't a clue how to defend himself and despite his height and stature was the smallest person in the school.
- Colley has the height and physical stature to cause problems in any defence.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.