adjective -er, -est
- Although their commitments to Hull meant they were unable to take up an active role with York, Stabler remains a staunch supporter of the Wasps.
- Denmark's government is a staunch supporter of the Bush administration and has committed troops to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Dr. Haloburdo is described as a dedicated, quiet, staunch supporter of baccalaureate education for nurses.
- → stanch1Example sentences
- The hospital had been alerted and by the time we got there the doctor was already waiting outside for us and we went straight into the emergency room where they staunched the blood flow.
- After the physio had tried to staunch the flow of blood to the head wound, he called for an ambulance to get Abrazu into hospital.
- She was dangerously close to a coma when the ambulance got there, but they managed to staunch the blood flow enough to move her to the hospital.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.