Translation of stave in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of barrel, hull) duela (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of ladder) peldaño (masculine); (of chair) travesaño (masculine)
- Experiments with brandy as well as wine, however, demonstrate the superiority of air-dried over kiln-dried wood for barrel staves.
- To illustrate this, Liebig imagined a barrel crafted out of staves of mismatched lengths.
- The wood of the stave and arrow shafts was dark with moisture.
- It's like a workshop in Hades - you feel the heat from barrels set over open fires in the floor and hear the piercing din of hammers on steel as hoops are pounded onto staves.
- Cutting staves led to the purchase of a kiln, which, in turn, opened up additional markets.
- Here there were no men training, only a few targets and a pile of wooden staves in the corner.
- 2 [Music/Música] pentagrama (masculine)Example sentences
- A typical graph contains one or more grand staves, or piano staves, so one will likely begin with a piano template.
- In his Alphabet des mouvements du corps humain he placed movement symbols on a special stave while recording the floor patterns above it.
- 3 (stanza) estrofa (feminine)
stave in(past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado staved or , stove) verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [door/hull] romper* 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio romperse*
stave off(past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado staved verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento) [defeat/disaster] evitar; [danger/threat] conjurar she ate a carrot to stave off the hunger pangs comió una zanahoria para engañar el estómago
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.