- 1 1.1 (of barrel, hull) duela (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (of ladder) peldaño (masculine); (of chair) travesaño (masculine)
More example sentences
- Experiments with brandy as well as wine, however, demonstrate the superiority of air-dried over kiln-dried wood for barrel staves.
- To illustrate this, Liebig imagined a barrel crafted out of staves of mismatched lengths.
- The wood of the stave and arrow shafts was dark with moisture.
- It's like a workshop in Hades - you feel the heat from barrels set over open fires in the floor and hear the piercing din of hammers on steel as hoops are pounded onto staves.
- Cutting staves led to the purchase of a kiln, which, in turn, opened up additional markets.
- Here there were no men training, only a few targets and a pile of wooden staves in the corner.
- 2 [Music/Música] pentagrama (masculine)More example sentences
- A typical graph contains one or more grand staves, or piano staves, so one will likely begin with a piano template.
- In his Alphabet des mouvements du corps humain he placed movement symbols on a special stave while recording the floor patterns above it.
- 3 (stanza) estrofa (feminine)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.