Translation of sterilize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [man/woman] esterilizar*Example sentences
- The gynaecologist still did not feel that he would be acting in her best interests by sterilising her and decided to seek a second opinion about whether the operation was appropriate.
- After being anesthetized, she was sterilized without her knowledge.
- I have to please her, or she'll kill me or sterilize me or do something to keep me from breeding.
- 2 [instruments/equipment] esterilizar*Example sentences
- Always use commercial potting mixes in your containers as they are sterilized and disease free.
- Many variables must be considered, such as the original intended use or design of the device, its complexity and fragility, the ease of and methods for cleaning and sterilizing the product, and the number of times it is reprocessed.
- This chemical is used to make other chemicals and is also widely used in the health care industry to sterilize medical devices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.