Translation of sticky in Spanish:
adjective stickier, stickiest
- 1 1.1(texture/surface)
- In seawater, the expelled tubules lengthen considerably and become sticky upon contact with any object.
- The sticky boxes are designed to lure their prey with scents of chocolate and other foods.
- That means the town centre is soiled with around 200,000 sticky stains.
- And these are enzymes that make up a gluey, sticky substance, known as glucan, and the bacteria make this from sugar.
- When an egg is laid it is covered by a sticky substance that glues the egg firmly to any surface on which it is laid, irrespective of whether it is an adult bug or a plant.
- Some of the sticky substance stuck on her shoe and she grimaced in disgust.
húmedo y caluroso(day/weather)
- If the weather is sticky, it is humid and not particularly pleasant.
- In an open-neck blue shirt, crisp denim jeans, brown suede shoes, and carrying a denim jacket, he is ideally dressed for the sticky weather.
- Hot, sticky weather such as that we have been having for the last few days simply adds to stress, says Mrs Clarke - and makes it more likely that we will flare out of control.
- 2 (difficult) [colloquial](problem/issue)he was very sticky about lending the money
peliagudopuso muchos peros or muchas dificultades para prestarnos el dineroExample sentences
- Don't expect too much and make sure you don't get into any sticky situations.
- Junk bonds roared back into favour in the USA during the 1990s but the market has since hit a sticky patch.
- Time will come, one day, when you find yourself in a very sticky situation.
- 3 (esp US) [colloquial]empalagoso [colloquial]
- 4 (Computing) [colloquial]pegajoso [colloquial]Example sentences
- By definition, search engine results aren't sticky: you're on your way somewhere else.
- Page views are a good indication of how sticky your website is.
- To make your website stickier you can add a few simple interactive applications like site polls, surveys, a guest book, and an event calendar.
noun plural stickies
- [colloquial]post (masculine)
sticky (masculine)Example sentences
- Perfect pictures of sunny days, birthday parties and proms, of boyfriends, girlfriends and parents all hamming it up for the camera were as abundant as the yellow stickies that plastered his desk back at the precinct.
- I certainly needed my deck of yellow stickies to flag her intelligent illustrations, but I found it all quite manageable because she writes so well.
- Handling problems and dealing with a nonstop barrage of calls is probably more than can be efficiently handled by a few yellow stickies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.