Translation of sticky in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (stickier, stickiest)
- 1 1.1 [label] engomado, autoadhesivo; [texture/surface] pegajoso; [hands] pegajoso, pringosoExample sentences
- In seawater, the expelled tubules lengthen considerably and become sticky upon contact with any object.
- The sticky boxes are designed to lure their prey with scents of chocolate and other foods.
- That means the town centre is soiled with around 200,000 sticky stains.
Example sentences1.2 [climate] húmedo y caluroso; [day/weather] bochornoso
- And these are enzymes that make up a gluey, sticky substance, known as glucan, and the bacteria make this from sugar.
- When an egg is laid it is covered by a sticky substance that glues the egg firmly to any surface on which it is laid, irrespective of whether it is an adult bug or a plant.
- Some of the sticky substance stuck on her shoe and she grimaced in disgust.
- Perhaps it was a sensation crystallised by the potent mix of sun and alcohol, and sweat cooled onto a sticky back.
- They left the room and he pulled off the sticky, damp shirt.
- When they are sweating and get sticky, I just open up the harness zipper.
- If the weather is sticky, it is humid and not particularly pleasant.
- In an open-neck blue shirt, crisp denim jeans, brown suede shoes, and carrying a denim jacket, he is ideally dressed for the sticky weather.
- Hot, sticky weather such as that we have been having for the last few days simply adds to stress, says Mrs Clarke - and makes it more likely that we will flare out of control.
- 3 (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], empalagoso [colloquial/familiar]
- 4 [Computing/Informática] [colloquial/familiar], pegajoso [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Don't expect too much and make sure you don't get into any sticky situations.
- Junk bonds roared back into favour in the USA during the 1990s but the market has since hit a sticky patch.
- Time will come, one day, when you find yourself in a very sticky situation.
- Controlling the content on the stickiest kids' site on earth is an increasingly sticky matter.
- Facebook and browser games are now a key element of many film and TV marketing campaigns - they're sticky, they're compelling and they give potential viewers ownership over stories and characters.
- Horoscopes in particular must be the original sticky content, keeping your visitors coming back day after day or week after week.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.