Translation of store in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable and uncountable (stock, supply) to keep a store of somethingtener una reserva or provisión de algoshe has a vast store of witty anecdotestiene una enorme colección de anécdotas graciosashe has a store of experience to draw ontiene el recurso de su amplia experienciain storewe always keep some drink in storesiempre tenemos bebida de reservathere's a surprise in store for herla espera una sorpresaknowing what was in store, she left home
se va a llevar una sorpresasabiendo lo que la esperaba, se fue de la casawe have a surprise in store for youte tenemos (preparada) una sorpresawho knows what the future has in store?¿quién sabe lo que nos deparará el futuro?to set great/little store by somethingdar mucho/poco valor a algoExample sentences1.2
also: stores plural(Military, Nautical)Example sentences
- Here, the dollar is ubiquitous as a store of value, a measure of wealth and a pricing mechanism.
- Fittingly, this book provides a store of fascinating insights for those who love him, and a supply of brickbats for those who don't.
- Kerr is fortunate to have such a store of commitment at hand.
- For Sgt Nathan Walsh, this means stores and equipment from Australia have arrived.
- The ship carries provisions and stores for battalion transportation for more than ten days.
- The supply of stores to the ship, which required a detailed and lengthy programme, is now well under way.
- 2 (warehouse, storage place) (often plural) he works in the store(s)trabaja en el almacén or en el depósito or (Mexico) en la bodegaall our furniture is in store (British)tenemos todos los muebles en depósito or en un guardamueblesExample sentences
- The service says that there are 384 000 tons in the licensed public stores, grain depositories and the mills.
- The sale includes a shop with floor space of 216 square metres and a store of 12 square metres.
- As Ray opened the door to a store of some sort, Rhea saw all of the weapons and armors.
- 1 1.1 (keep)(food/drink/supplies)
almacenar(electricity)store in a cool, dry place
acumularconsérvese en un lugar fresco y secowe have nowhere to store those filesno tenemos donde guardar esos archivosthe children's old toys are stored (away) in the atticlos juguetes viejos de los niños están guardados en el desvánenergy is stored in the body in the form of fatel cuerpo almacena or acumula energía en forma de grasaExample sentences1.2 (Computing)
- Gareth took note and he took to a search for a suitable island to store his accumulated loot.
- Psychics say storing things causes corresponding accumulations in our bodies - a horrifying thought for hoarders.
- Even the biggest bookstores don't have enough room to store a fraction of the new books that wash in and out, like foam on a tide.
- In these solutions, confidential information is stored on a secure Web server.
- Information is stored on the card and updated every time it is used in a transaction.
- This information will be stored on a special website so pupils can record and learn about the main issues in recycling and managing waste in the region.
- 1 (accumulate)
(supplies)2 (build up)
hacer acopio de
hacer acopio de
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.