Translation of strap in Spanish:
- 1.1 (band — of leather, canvas) correa (feminine); (— for razor) suavizador (masculine), correa (feminine); (— on bus, train) correa (feminine), agarradera (feminine) shoe strap tira (feminine) or tirita (feminine) del zapatoExample sentences1.2
(shoulder strap)tirante (masculine), bretel (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) 1.3 (punishment) (British English/inglés británico) to give sb the strap darle* a algn con la correa
- Over his battle tunic went the clean white leather belts and honest straps.
- Combined with a fetching ensemble of white leather belts and straps, the effect is arresting.
- It had school satchel style leather straps and buckles instead of Velcro or twist fasteners.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-pp-)
- 1.1 (tie) atar or sujetar con una correa, amarrar con una correa (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) to strap oneself in ponerse* or abrocharse el cinturón de seguridad I strapped up my trunk le puse la correa al baúl 1.2
strap (up)(British English/inglés británico) [Medicine/Medicina] vendar she strapped (up) my ankle me vendó el tobillo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the