Translation of streak in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (line, band)(in meat, marble) veta (feminine)a streak of lightun haz or un rayo de luza streak of lightningun relámpagoExample sentences1.2 (in personality) she has a mean streak
tiene una veta mezquinato have a yellow streak
- When choosing beef fillet, the outer flesh should be a bright, purplish-red colour laced with thin streaks of white fat.
- They have a thin streak of white scales that extends above their anterior eyes.
- Solid streaks of cerulean blue or vibrant cyan give the small details she depicts a life that can only be attained through extensive, lucid observation.
tiene algo de mezquinatener algo de cobardeExample sentences
- Today's reading highlights the jealous streak in his character.
- Her uncle always possessed a materialistic streak to his character, even when it came down to breaks between appointments.
- Rather, it was a combination of both mental and physical elements that kept the streak alive.
- 2 (spell) a streak of luck/bad luckuna racha de suerte/de mala suerteto have or be on a winning/losing streaktener una buena/mala rachaI'm on a lucky streakestoy de (buena) suerteExample sentences
- This losing streak continued against Trinidad.
- In the midst of a losing streak, a contingent of backup players complained about playing time.
- The team entered last weekend on a season-high six-game losing streak, and it appears other teams are catching up to Minnesota.
- 1 (move rapidly) (+ adverb complement) she streaked into the leadrápida como un rayo, se colocó a la cabezait streaked past the windowpasó como una centella por delante de la ventanalightning streaked across the skyun rayo cruzó el cieloun rayo hendió el cielo [literary]Example sentences
- There was a flash of light between them, streaking down so fast Jennifer didn't catch any glare until it was over.
- He came slowly in through the plants, the cat streaking past him in alarm.
- My anger wore off quickly as I walked home, but not before I had unnecessarily kicked a stone hard and barely missed a giant black cat that had streaked past.
- 2 (run naked) [colloquial]hacer streaking (correr desnudo en un lugar público)Example sentences
- He became famous for such antics as dancing on table tops, enlivening parties by performing bump and grind striptease acts and, once, streaking naked around a swimming pool.
- Two men arrested for streaking naked at a rugby match in Newlands on Saturday would no longer be welcome at the ground, the Western Province Rugby Football Union said yesterday.
- And in the 1970s, the fad was streaking: running naked through campus.
- tears streaked her facetenía el rostro surcado de lágrimasshe's had her hair streakedse ha hecho mechas or claritos or reflejos (en el pelo)to be streaked
withsomethinghis clothes were streaked with paintllevaba la ropa manchada or (Latin America also) chorreada de pinturaher hair is already streaked with grayya tiene el cabello entrecanothe rocks were streaked with orelas rocas tenían vetas de mineralExample sentences
- It was streaked with tears and his shirt was covered in blood.
- Out on the roof, the sky was black streaked with light.
- He uncovered his face, which was streaked with tears.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.