Translation of stripe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (narrow band) raya (feminine), lista (feminine) a white shirt with blue stripes una camisa blanca con rayas or listas azulesExample sentences1.2 [Military/Militar] galón (masculine) to get/lose one's stripes ser* ascendido/degradado
- I bought a black sleeveless Lycra shirt with yellow and white diagonal stripes across the chest.
- A short-sleeved turquoise T-shirt with horizontal white stripes was found near her body.
- I asked this young woman dressed in a black blouse and black skirt both of which had white pin stripes.
- The epaulettes on the choker tunic of his black naval uniform bore the four stripes of his rank.
- He was being so proud in his uniform, showing the stripes of his rank and smiling that smile.
- Rifle squad leaders and weapon platoon section heads donned staff sergeant stripes.
- 2 (type) people of all political stripes gente de todas las tendencias (políticas) two women of similar stripe dos mujeres del mismo corte or tipo
- 3 (lash) [archaic] azote (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an