Translation of stripe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (narrow band) a white shirt with blue stripesuna camisa blanca con rayas or listas azulesExample sentences1.2 (Military) to get/lose one's stripes
ser ascendido/degradadoExample sentences
- I bought a black sleeveless Lycra shirt with yellow and white diagonal stripes across the chest.
- A short-sleeved turquoise T-shirt with horizontal white stripes was found near her body.
- I asked this young woman dressed in a black blouse and black skirt both of which had white pin stripes.
- The epaulettes on the choker tunic of his black naval uniform bore the four stripes of his rank.
- He was being so proud in his uniform, showing the stripes of his rank and smiling that smile.
- Rifle squad leaders and weapon platoon section heads donned staff sergeant stripes.
- 2 (type) See examples: people of all political stripestwo women of similar stripegente de todas las tendencias (políticas)dos mujeres del mismo corte or tipo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than