Translation of sturdy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- 1 (robust)(furniture/bicycle)she comes from sturdy peasant stock
sólido y resistentees de una familia de campesinos fuertes y robustosExample sentences
- Already slender, he will lose five more pounds, a task made difficult by his sturdy skier's physique.
- Aidan was five, a sturdy boy with chubby arms and legs.
- The most magical things about Matthew Bugg's balletic Ariel are the flying effects; his sturdy body never quite fits his name.
- It was a nice one, made from strong wood and thatch, sturdy enough to withstand an Avalon hurricane, even with its second story.
- My only concern is whether the binding is sturdy enough to withstand the amount of use that this book is most likely to experience.
- The boat had to be sturdy enough to withstand 40 days and nights of rain.
- 2 (determined)Example sentences
- In my case it was Barnacarroll and there was no moaning about the walk just a sturdy determination to get on with it and be there for the great occasion.
- Because of her sturdy intellectual independence and integrity, Ravitch exempts no sect, ideology, or school from failure and folly.
- Is this the party of enterprise, of self-help, of sturdy independence?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.