Translation of style in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (manner of acting) his style of livingtelling lies is not my stylesu estilo de vidathat's the style!decir mentiras no va conmigoto cramp somebody's style¡así se hace!inhibir or cohibir a alguienlimitar a alguien en su libertad de acciónExample sentences1.2 (Art, Literat, Music) interiors in the Baroque style
in the style of William Morrisinteriores de estilo barrocoa publisher with a closely defined house styleal estilo or a la manera de William Morrisuna editorial con normas de estilo muy definidasExample sentences
- I find ‘brainstorming’ an effective way to create modifications to teaching styles and procedures.
- In trials of different styles of patient management, surgical procedures, or alternative therapies, full blinding is often impossible.
- Teachers with very different teaching styles and approaches can be equally effective.
- During his lifetime, the artist went through different periods of characteristic painting styles.
- These are some characteristics of the writing style of someone under a lot of stress or tension.
- The series features all styles and periods of buildings, from country houses and gothic castles to a radar station and a water mill - dating from medieval times to the 20th century.
- The tone, the attitude, the style, the language; all have changed significantly.
- More than the style of language has changed at the paper since then.
- Mr Midgley criticised our website and the style of language used.
- 2 uncountable (fashionable elegance) he/she has styleyou handled the situation with styletiene estiloto live/travel in stylete desenvolviste elegantemente en la situaciónthey were married in stylevivir/viajar a lo grandecan you keep her in the style to which she is accustomed?se casaron a lo grande or por todo lo alto¿va a poder darle el estilo de vida al que está acostumbrada?Example sentences
- This kind of fridge has become a symbol of taste, elegance, style and wealth.
- But when a temple of style and urban sophistication founders on ambience, food and service, it doesn't leave much to cling to.
- Waterford Crystal, the epitome of style and elegance, is the world's most successful luxury crystal brand.
- 3 countable 3.1 (type, model) 3.2 (fashion) the style is currently for a baggier outlinein the style of the 1950sactualmente se lleva la ropa más holgadalong skirts are back in styleal estilo de los años 50to go out of stylelas faldas largas vuelven a estar de modato spend money as if o like it's going out of style [colloquial]pasar de modagastar dinero como si fuera agua [colloquial]Example sentences3.3
also: hair styleExample sentences
- Big sleeves were in a variety of Chinese clothing styles from various dynasties.
- This time around he went for being modern, by encompassing modern styles and techniques with Chanel's intricate classic designs.
- What are your favorite styles or pieces of clothing that defy trends?
- Distinctive styles of local pottery appear around 2500 BC along with Neolithic polished stone axes.
- What we have here are a series of large, eight foot high canvases, generally untitled, painted in a number of styles, and appearing to hark back principally to Abstract Expressionism.
- Maurice is a popular artist and has contributed to numerous group shows and his distinctive style will be familiar to many.
- 5 countable (Botany)Example sentences
- As the pistil emerged from the bracts, the style elongated and the stigma expanded markedly in size and, finally, became receptive to pollen.
- Five pistils were dissected from flowers and the stigmas and styles were mounted on aluminium stubs using carbon paste.
- This has been used previously to detect ethylene biosynthesis successfully from a variety of flowers and floral tissues including styles and during pollen tube growth.
- 1 (name, designate) [formal] he styles himself Count/Maestrothe Action Plan, as the new initiative is styledse hace llamar conde/maestroel Plan de Acción, como se ha dado en llamar a la nueva iniciativaExample sentences
- Sleek modern bikes are aggressively styled with names to match: ‘Pulsar’, ‘Victor’, etc.
- If his future wife is styled Duchess of Cornwall, she will be taking his name, since that is one of his existing titles.
- Well-known atheist, Richard Dawkins, now styles himself as A Devil's Chaplain, the title of a recent book.
- 2 (design, shape)(car/furniture/clothes)to style hairExample sentences
- The car was styled by the new design team.
- The automaker, which designed and styled the vehicle in-house at its Gentro Stile facility, decided to meet that goal by developing two completely different cars.
- These cuts define how your pants are styled and designed in terms of fit and how they fall.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.