Translation of style in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (manner of acting) his style of livingsu estilo de vidatelling lies is not my styledecir mentiras no va conmigothat's the style!¡así se hace!to cramp somebody's style
¡así me gusta!inhibir or cohibir a alguien
limitar a alguien en su libertad de acciónExample sentences1.2 (Art, Literat, Music) interiors in the Baroque style
interiores de estilo barrocoin the style of William Morrisal estilo or a la manera de William Morrisa publisher with a closely defined house styleuna editorial con normas de estilo muy definidasExample sentences
- I find ‘brainstorming’ an effective way to create modifications to teaching styles and procedures.
- In trials of different styles of patient management, surgical procedures, or alternative therapies, full blinding is often impossible.
- Teachers with very different teaching styles and approaches can be equally effective.
- During his lifetime, the artist went through different periods of characteristic painting styles.
- These are some characteristics of the writing style of someone under a lot of stress or tension.
- The series features all styles and periods of buildings, from country houses and gothic castles to a radar station and a water mill - dating from medieval times to the 20th century.
- The tone, the attitude, the style, the language; all have changed significantly.
- More than the style of language has changed at the paper since then.
- Mr Midgley criticised our website and the style of language used.
- 2 uncountable (fashionable elegance) he/she has styletiene estiloyou handled the situation with stylete desenvolviste elegantemente en la situaciónto live/travel in stylevivir/viajar a lo grandethey were married in stylese casaron a lo grande or por todo lo altocan you keep her in the style to which she is accustomed?¿va a poder darle el estilo de vida al que está acostumbrada?Example sentences
- This kind of fridge has become a symbol of taste, elegance, style and wealth.
- But when a temple of style and urban sophistication founders on ambience, food and service, it doesn't leave much to cling to.
- Waterford Crystal, the epitome of style and elegance, is the world's most successful luxury crystal brand.
- 3 countable 3.1 (type, model) 3.2 (fashion) the style is currently for a baggier outlineactualmente se lleva la ropa más holgadain the style of the 1950sal estilo de los años 50long skirts are back in stylelas faldas largas vuelven a estar de modato go out of stylepasar de modato spend money as if o like it's going out of style [colloquial]gastar dinero como si fuera agua [colloquial]Example sentences3.3
also: hair styleExample sentences
- Big sleeves were in a variety of Chinese clothing styles from various dynasties.
- This time around he went for being modern, by encompassing modern styles and techniques with Chanel's intricate classic designs.
- What are your favorite styles or pieces of clothing that defy trends?
- Distinctive styles of local pottery appear around 2500 BC along with Neolithic polished stone axes.
- What we have here are a series of large, eight foot high canvases, generally untitled, painted in a number of styles, and appearing to hark back principally to Abstract Expressionism.
- Maurice is a popular artist and has contributed to numerous group shows and his distinctive style will be familiar to many.
- 5 countable (Botany)Example sentences
- As the pistil emerged from the bracts, the style elongated and the stigma expanded markedly in size and, finally, became receptive to pollen.
- Five pistils were dissected from flowers and the stigmas and styles were mounted on aluminium stubs using carbon paste.
- This has been used previously to detect ethylene biosynthesis successfully from a variety of flowers and floral tissues including styles and during pollen tube growth.
- 1 (name, designate) [formal] he styles himself Count/Maestrose hace llamar conde/maestrothe Action Plan, as the new initiative is styledel Plan de Acción, como se ha dado en llamar a la nueva iniciativaExample sentences
- Sleek modern bikes are aggressively styled with names to match: ‘Pulsar’, ‘Victor’, etc.
- If his future wife is styled Duchess of Cornwall, she will be taking his name, since that is one of his existing titles.
- Well-known atheist, Richard Dawkins, now styles himself as A Devil's Chaplain, the title of a recent book.
- 2 (design, shape)(car/furniture/clothes)to style hair
- The car was styled by the new design team.
- The automaker, which designed and styled the vehicle in-house at its Gentro Stile facility, decided to meet that goal by developing two completely different cars.
- These cuts define how your pants are styled and designed in terms of fit and how they fall.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.