- 1.1 [Psychology/Psicología] sublimarMore example sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] sublimar
More example sentences
- Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.
- A psychologist might interpret my conversion as sublimating my guilty feelings, but I prefer to think about it as fulfilling my Jewish destiny.
- Too often, however, student needs or preferences are sublimated to the overwhelming task of presenting large bodies of information to large numbers of students in small periods of time.
- 78.5°C Temperature at which dry ice (carbon dioxide) sublimates from a solid to a gas
- There is no danger at all in consuming a drink that was cooled down using dry ice - most of the carbon dioxide will just sublimate into the air.
- Some of the most dominating physical features I've ever encountered, a glacier is a vast mass of ice formed from the accumulation of snow that compacts faster than it melts and sublimates.