Translation of sublimate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Psychology/Psicología] sublimarExample sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] sublimar
- Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.
- A psychologist might interpret my conversion as sublimating my guilty feelings, but I prefer to think about it as fulfilling my Jewish destiny.
- Too often, however, student needs or preferences are sublimated to the overwhelming task of presenting large bodies of information to large numbers of students in small periods of time.
- 78.5°C Temperature at which dry ice (carbon dioxide) sublimates from a solid to a gas
- There is no danger at all in consuming a drink that was cooled down using dry ice - most of the carbon dioxide will just sublimate into the air.
- Some of the most dominating physical features I've ever encountered, a glacier is a vast mass of ice formed from the accumulation of snow that compacts faster than it melts and sublimates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...