Translation of suck in Spanish:
chupar(liquid) (through a straw) sorber(vacuum cleaner)to suck one's thumb to suck something up
aspiraraspirar algo(liquid) (through a straw) sorber algothe insect sucks up the nectarel insecto chupa or succiona el néctarthe roots suck (up) moisture out of or from the soillas raíces absorben la humedad de la tierrathe fan sucks smells out of the kitchenel ventilador extrae los olores de la cocinato suck somebody dryexprimir a alguien [colloquial]Example sentences
- The pressure was immediately released from his mouth and he sucked in a gulp of air.
- Hesitantly, I sucked in the smoke drawn through the pipe, holding it in my lungs and feeling the warmth inside of me, before slowly letting it out.
- By the time the last rows have done their scraping, the beak is completely closed, leaving the algae trimmings to be sucked in during the next chomp.
- 2 (pull, draw) (+ adverb complement) we don't want to be sucked into a senseless warno queremos ser arrastrados a una guerra sin sentidoshe was sucked down or under by the currentla corriente se la tragóExample sentences
- The lead car displaces the air, creating a vacuum to suck the trailing car along.
- Before she had a chance to recover, the craft hit another rock and split apart, and Miri was sucked under the surface.
- Air can be sucked out of the container, creating a vacuum, while the baby's head remains outside the ventilator.
chupar(vacuum cleaner)to suck
atsomething(at lollipop/pipe)the baby was sucking at his mother's breast
chupar algoel bebé estaba mamandoto suck
onsomething(on pipe/pen)a sucking noise
chupar algoun ruido de ventosaExample sentences
- Factors as diverse as skeletal muscle pathology and sucking a digit (thumb or finger) can substantially influence the growth of the face and dentition.
- You place them between your gum and cheek and suck them slowly.
- I mean if she had a lollipop in her mouth and started sucking her teeth, I would have thought she was Glamour Girl Sue.
- 1 (draw in)
- [vulgar] verb + object + adverb
(cheeks/stomach)we must avoid getting sucked in
debemos evitar vernos arrastrados or involucrados2 (dupe) (US) [slang]to get sucked in
lamerle el culo a [vulgar]
hacerle la pelota a (Spain) [colloquial]
chuparle las medias a (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]
hacerle la barba a (Mexico) [colloquial]
hacerle la pata a (Chile) [colloquial]
lambonear (Colombia) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.