- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (proposal) sugerencia (feminine) to make a suggestion hacer* una sugerencia if I may offer a suggestion si se me permite hacer una sugerencia, si se me permite proponer or sugerir algo to make improper suggestions hacer* proposiciones deshonestas I'm open to suggestions acepto sugerencias have you any suggestions for speeding up the process? ¿se le ocurre algo para acelerar el proceso? it was your suggestion to have a picnic fuiste tú quien propuso or sugirió ir de picnic I bought it at my wife's suggestion lo compré porque mi mujer me lo sugirió, lo compré a instancias de mi mujer [formal]More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (explanation, theory) teoría (feminine) his suggestion is the most plausible su teoría es la más probable
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (insinuation) insinuación (feminine)
- She found this project exciting to work on because the owner was very open to new ideas and suggestions for his premises.
- I have some suggestions for serious consideration by the august committee.
- The group will meet again in September and are looking forward to suggestions for the development of the field.
- At their suggestion I sent a complaint there and was rewarded with an anodyne standard letter which was obviously sent out to all complainants but which dealt with none of the points I raised.
- I am also rather annoyed at his suggestion that the RAF does nothing about reducing the noise when in fact they make strenuous efforts to keep noise to a minimum as do most responsible aviation bodies.
- At her suggestion, I'm to not spend anymore than 20 minutes at a time on my feet and I should be taking 20 minute breaks in-between walking around.
- 2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable 2.1 (indication, hint) indicio (masculine) there is no suggestion of any change in policy no hay ningún indicio de un cambio de política there was no suggestion of foul play no había indicios de que se hubiese cometido un crimen 2.2 (slight trace) (no plural/sin plural) there was a suggestion of a smile on her face apenas esbozó una sonrisa a dish with a (slight) suggestion of saffron un plato con un ligerísimo sabor a azafránMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It even comes with a hefty chunk of lemon, in addition to the salt and vinegar [which was disappointingly run of the mill, with not the slightest suggestion of rose Perry vinegar or Caspian salt flakes].
- She's always on the edge of her chair, ready to pounce at the slightest suggestion of a whisper.
- Be advised they'll also be in no mood to tolerate even the slightest suggestion of possessiveness.
- There were suggestions that in fact a confession video was made before the act itself.
- For you to even make such a suggestion strongly implies that you're really not interested in a serious debate on this issue.
- There was a suggestion that the very fact the trial was held in Mayo guaranteed that the defendant would not be found guilty of murder.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [Psychology/Psicología] sugestión (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Furthermore, it is possible to create false memories in people's minds by suggestion, even false memories of previous lives.
- However, our study does reveal many interesting psychological factors associated with experimenter suggestion.
- Individuals so conditioned can merely repeat the thoughts which have been implanted in their minds by suggestion from outside.
More example sentences
- Techniques of suggestion are compatible neither with the analytic attitude that Symington describes nor the therapeutic attitude that Cervantes describes.
- Neuroscience has not fully exploited hypnosis and hypnotic suggestion as experimental tools.
- Freud usually claimed that psychoanalysis was a treatment in which direct influence and suggestion played little part.
- These are simply positive suggestions the writer gives to herself while in hypnosis.
- But he did not use hypnosis solely as a means of implanting suggestions of positive health.
- Under hypnosis, the rational brain is bypassed, and suggestions are made directly to the subconscious mind.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.