- 1 (of mountain) cumbre (feminine), cima (feminine) they climbed right to the summit subieron hasta la cumbre or cima at the summit of his career en la cumbre or cima de su carrera the summit of her ambition el súmmum de su ambición, su máxima ambiciónMore example sentences
- The land rises abruptly to highland ridges with mountain summits as high as 3000 feet.
- There may be more spectacular mountains offering unforeseen horizons at their summits, but Blue Hill is an effortless peak to climb.
- Imperceptibly descending towards the mountain summit, it cast the land in an array of shadows.
- 2summit (conference) (conferencia (feminine)) cumbre (feminine)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.