- 1 1.1 [wound/burn] superficial; [resemblance/differences] superficialMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [inspection] superficial, por encima; [person] superficial he's so superficial es tan superficial
- Masson takes him to a nearby doctor who allays his fears that he only suffered superficial flesh wounds - he has nothing serious to worry about.
- I was in two major car accidents, which left me with superficial scars that I will carry the rest of my life.
- A spokesman confirmed he was detained overnight with superficial injuries.
More example sentences
- A superficial comparison of Roth with Malamud reveals two versions of the problems of self-definition which is at the core of this literature.
- His new collection, Oblivion, contains eight stories of uncompromising difficulty, with certain superficial similarities.
- It only affirms the hugely popular, superficial notion of a culture in crisis, of a culture lost in a constant loop of revivals.
More example sentences
- Before reading the book I only had a superficial knowledge of his life and career.
- He gives a superficial and inadequate account of Kipling's curious, subtle, savage, contradictory passion for England, which was both his home and his place of exile.
- But only for people who have had sufficient experience of their own - and then only to appreciate other situations, not to pronounce on them with the most superficial of knowledge.
- In Maelstrom, the main characters are slick, superficial people who deepen emotionally because of the trauma.
- On the whole, the cast does a very nice job with their superficial characters and makes them charming, funny, and/or despicable as needed.
- And the characters are so superficial that we hardly care which of these different fates may befall them.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.