Translation of supply in Spanish:
noun plural -plies
- 1 uncountable (provision) the supply of goods and servicesel suministro or la provisión de productos y serviciosthe law of supply and demand to cut off the water/electricity supplycortar el suministro de agua/electricidadthe supply of blood to the brainel riego sanguíneo del cerebro(before noun) (route/ship)
de abastecimientoExample sentences
- It would depend on the supply of stocks available and how many targets they have to hit.
- Yesterday my neighbours made an extra trip to the supermarket, stocking up on extra supplies of bottled water and canned food, ‘just in case the worst happens’.
- He added that while the store had ordered extra supplies of bottled water, he had not seen any other unusual related sales trends.
- We know that producers will offer more supply at a higher price than a lower price, and we know that more consumers will buy more at a lower price than a higher price.
- In the short term, at least, demand for service is far outpacing supply.
- He believes that fewer apartments will now be built in areas with a surplus of supply.
- 2 (stock, store) food supplies are running lowse están agotando las provisiones or los víveres or (Military) los pertrechoswe need fresh supplies of papertenemos que pedir una nueva remesa de papelyou'll need a good supply of books
tenemos que renovar las existencias de papelte hará falta una buena cantidad de libroswe only have a month's supply of coal leftsolo nos queda carbón para un mes(Business)office supplies
las existencias de carbón solo van a durar un mes
el estoc de carbón solo va a durar un mesmaterial (masculine) or artículos (masculine plural) de oficinashe has an endless supply of patience/jokestiene una paciencia inagotable/un repertorio interminable de chistesto be in short supply sugar was in short supplyescaseaba el azúcar
había escasez de azúcarExample sentences
- All necessary injection equipment and supplies are provided for each client in an injection room, as well as the means for disposal.
- The bulk of USASOC's planning is making sure the right people with the right equipment and necessary supplies are at the right place at the right time.
- There are too few phone lines, my medical records are in boxes, and all but the most necessary equipment and supplies are in storage.
transitive verb -plies, -plying, -plied
- 1 1.1 (provide, furnish)(electricity/gas)
suministrar(goods)they supply machinery to the industry
abastecer or proveer deproveen de or suministran maquinaria a la industriayou cook and I'll supply the winetú haces la comida y yo pongo el vinoRupert supplied the comic reliefRupert dio or aportó el toque humorístico que relajó la tensiónExample sentences1.2
(retailer/manufacturer)to supply somebody
- The crux of the matter is the lack of information supplied by the company, analysts said.
- Horne pointed out that the test's publishers supplied the only research available on the test.
- Buckets for daffodils are available if you can supply daffodils.
proveer a alguien
abastecer a alguien
aalguien(with information)they supplied us with everything we needed they supply us with the raw materials
facilitarle or proporcionarle algo
aalguiennos abastecen or proveen de materia primawe can supply you with glasses for your party
nos suministran la materia primapodemos facilitarle or proporcionarle las copas para su fiestato supply the army with provisionssuministrar provisiones al ejércitothey are not supplied with running water
aprovisionar al ejércitono tienen suministro de agua corrienteExample sentences
- It is as if by divine providence that I am supplied educational material just when I need it the most.
- You could also help us by monetary contributions, or by supplying us postal stamps which we can use to send the book to more and more people.
- The inactive passers-by will hopefully have made a contribution by supplying the police with good descriptions of the raiders.
- 2 (meet) [formal](demand/need)
satisfacer(deficiency)to supply the shortfall
suplirreparar el déficitExample sentences
- Three thousand donations are required weekly to supply the demand.
- In the last three years there has been a 30 per cent increase in potting efforts, with virtually the entire local fleet now supplying the demand of processors in France, Spain and Ireland.
- What's going on here is a seemingly great solution for supplying a demand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.