Translation of surgical in Spanish:
- 1.1(instruments/treatment)surgical dressing surgical gauzesurgical knifegasa (feminine) esterilizadaExample sentences1.2
(boot/stocking)surgical applianceExample sentences
- The operation is a surgical procedure performed using general anaesthetic and, like all surgery, carries a degree of risk.
- We performed every kind of surgery in the surgical unit, including cesarean sections.
- The title of the appointment was rather meaningless as he soon had his own surgical wards, where his skills in intestinal surgery and liver resection were legendary.
- In the UK, an appliance means a surgical garment allowing hernia sufferers to walk about unaided.
- A surgical bra must be worn post-op for two weeks or more, though you can usually return to work in seven to 14 days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.