- 1.1 [instruments/treatment] quirúrgico surgical dressing vendaje (masculine) quirúrgico surgical gauze gasa (feminine) esterilizada surgical knife bisturí (masculine) surgical mask mascarilla (feminine)More example sentences1.2 [boot/stocking] ortopédico surgical appliance aparato (masculine) ortopédico
More example sentences
- The operation is a surgical procedure performed using general anaesthetic and, like all surgery, carries a degree of risk.
- We performed every kind of surgery in the surgical unit, including cesarean sections.
- The title of the appointment was rather meaningless as he soon had his own surgical wards, where his skills in intestinal surgery and liver resection were legendary.
- In the UK, an appliance means a surgical garment allowing hernia sufferers to walk about unaided.
- A surgical bra must be worn post-op for two weeks or more, though you can usually return to work in seven to 14 days.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.