Translation of survival in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (continued existence) the survival of the fittest(before noun) (equipment/kit/pack)survival coursede sobrevivencia or supervivenciasurvival ratecurso (masculine) de sobrevivencia or supervivenciaíndice (masculine) de sobrevivencia or supervivenciaExample sentences1.2 countable (custom, belief) See examples:survival (
- He had nothing to live for, but somehow the human instinct for survival overcame all the odds.
- What this drug hopes to offer is a better life during treatment and a higher chance of survival overall.
- This discrepancy at birth is evened out later on, as the girl child has better instincts of survival.
fromsomething)a survival from the Middle Agesvestigio (masculine) or reliquia (feminine) ( dealgo)un vestigio or una reliquia de la época medievalExample sentences
- The Reformation settlement that established particular versions of Christianity as official religions in Britain has largely worn out, except for a few anachronistic survivals.
- One method through which this was achieved was by re-positioning the religious ritual forms as archaic survivals of a Hindu past.
- It would be imprudent to write them off as doomed archaic survivals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to