Translation of survival in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (continued existence) sobrevivencia (feminine), supervivencia (feminine) the survival of the fittest la ley del más fuerte (before noun/delante del nombre) [equipment/kit/pack] de sobrevivencia or supervivencia survival course curso (masculine) de sobrevivencia or supervivencia survival rate índice (masculine) de sobrevivencia or supervivenciaExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (custom, belief) survival (
- He had nothing to live for, but somehow the human instinct for survival overcame all the odds.
- What this drug hopes to offer is a better life during treatment and a higher chance of survival overall.
- This discrepancy at birth is evened out later on, as the girl child has better instincts of survival.
fromsth) vestigio (masculine) or reliquia (feminine)( dealgo) a survival from the Middle Ages un vestigio or una reliquia de la época medievalExample sentences
- The Reformation settlement that established particular versions of Christianity as official religions in Britain has largely worn out, except for a few anachronistic survivals.
- One method through which this was achieved was by re-positioning the religious ritual forms as archaic survivals of a Hindu past.
- It would be imprudent to write them off as doomed archaic survivals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.