- (especially British English)Example sentences
- Thicken soups and casseroles with puréed vegetables such as potato, swedes, onions and carrots.
- Root vegetables such as turnips, swedes and potatoes can last for months if kept in the dark.
- Then parsnips, onions, carrots, swedes, chestnuts, haricot beans or split peas, a garlic clove.
- sueco, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Over here there's a few Swedes and Finns discussing strategy in their native tongues.
- The Swedes and Finns have been harvesting forest biomass to use as energy since the 1970s.
- The competition for the purest vodka is now a two-horse race between the Swedes and the Finns.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.