Translation of swift in Spanish:
adjective swifter, swiftest
- 1 a swift-flowing riverun río de corriente rápidaswift-footedde pies ligeros [literary]Example sentences
- The beast is replaced with a thin, swift reptile that is capable taking sharp corners and hiding inside buildings.
- White and pale camels are much preferred by the men as mounts, especially those which are swift moving, sleek and pleasant to the eye.
- As one would expect, this is a very swift car, well capable of getting to 60 mph in less than six seconds and with a top speed beyond 150 mph.
- 2(reply/reaction/denial)he was swift to reply or in replying
rápidono tardó en contestarhe was swift to anger [literary]era propenso a arrebatos de iraExample sentences
- Her eyes quickly made a swift sweep of the people in the room.
- With his domestic problems and this illness, we all pray for a swift recovery.
- If Myles is reading this, hope the op went well and wish a swift recovery, looking forward to getting you back on the golf course
- 3 (short, quick)(visit/look/phone call)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.