Translation of swift in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1.1 a swift-flowing riverun río de corriente rápidaswift-footedveloz
de pies ligeros [literary]Example sentences1.2
(reply/reaction/denial)he was swift to reply o in replying
- The beast is replaced with a thin, swift reptile that is capable taking sharp corners and hiding inside buildings.
- White and pale camels are much preferred by the men as mounts, especially those which are swift moving, sleek and pleasant to the eye.
- As one would expect, this is a very swift car, well capable of getting to 60 mph in less than six seconds and with a top speed beyond 150 mph.
rápidono tardó en contestarhe was swift to anger [literary]era propenso a arrebatos de iraExample sentences1.3 (short, quick)
- Her eyes quickly made a swift sweep of the people in the room.
- With his domestic problems and this illness, we all pray for a swift recovery.
- If Myles is reading this, hope the op went well and wish a swift recovery, looking forward to getting you back on the golf course
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.