Translation of syndicate in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈsɪndɪkət/ British English: /ˈsɪndɪkət/
- 1.1 (group, cartel) a syndicate of leading businessmenuna importante agrupación de hombres de negociosa crime syndicateuna organización mafiosathis week's jackpot has been won by a 13-man syndicateesta semana se ganó el premio un grupo de 13 personasExample sentences1.2 (in US) (Journalism, Television)
agencia (feminine) de distribución periodísticaExample sentences
- In larger transactions, a syndicate of venture capital houses or private equity firms might combine to provide the equity finance.
- The new venture will deliver commercial property investment opportunities in Ireland and abroad to Irish individual, syndicates, intermediaries and advisers.
- Bonds can be issued through individuals or syndicates.
- In the world of newspapers, a syndicate distributes information to subscribers, allowing each publication to tailor the content of information it receives.
- At any rate, its campaign against me included flash-floods of e-mail intended to shut down servers at my newspaper and my syndicate, as well as viruses aimed at my home computer.
- At any rate, I was a bit worried all day that I was going to lose my hall pass, and kept asking my friends who have real jobs with newspapers and syndicates and such if they had an extra holder, to no avail.
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈsɪndəˌkeɪt/ British English: /ˈsɪndɪkeɪt/
- (in US)(column/article/interview)his column is syndicated all over the country
distribuir (a diferentes medios de comunicación)su columna se publica en periódicos de todo el paísExample sentences
- One of his points: a lot of newspapers and broadcasters will open their archives and many will syndicate their material.
- There were no tournament games on network television, just syndicated broadcasts of an occasional game.
- His weekly newspaper column is syndicated through King features Syndicate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.