Translation of synthetic in Spanish:
- 1 (made by chemical synthesis)Example sentences
- The chemicals which comprise synthetic drugs are natural.
- When carried out in hydrocarbon solvent, this reaction produces a synthetic rubber similar to natural rubber.
- Mixtures of several synthetic dyes, or mixtures of natural and synthetic dyes, could produce more subdued colors.
- 2 (Philos, Linguistics)Example sentences
- Kant held that, even though most mathematical propositions are synthetic, they are knowable a priori - independent of sensory experience.
- The theory that existence is not a predicate implies, however, that all existential propositions are synthetic.
- Analytic propositions like synthetic propositions, can be believed for bad reasons, or for no reasons at all, and, when this occurs, we should deny that the believer knows the propositions in question.
- Inflected languages are a variety of synthetic language in which a word takes various forms, most usually by the addition of suffixes, which show its role in the sentence.
- Albanian is a synthetic language that is similar in structure to most other Indo-European languages.
- Over time, synthetic languages have become more analytic, with the effect that inflexional morphology has repeatedly been simplified.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.