- 1 (label)name tagetiqueta de identificaciónExample sentences
- While you're untying, remove any labels or tags that are still attached.
- Three groups of 20 calves found with suspect identifications or without tags over the past three days are the focus of the investigation.
- He reached into the box and held up a braided metal necklace with a tag attached to it.
- 3 (Computing)Example sentences
- HTML was invented with the specific purpose of providing a universal set of tags for displaying of information.
- As anyone with a collection of songs on their computer knows, the information contained in the information tags isn't always perfect.
- While you're rewriting your title and description tags, don't forget the keywords meta tag.
- 5 (American English) (Cars)Example sentences
- In this case, the defendant was driving a car with stolen tags and the license plate light out.
- She drove more slowly now, careful to look in the parked cars for anyone who might be watching, checking the tags for a government plate.
- Tail numbers, which start with the letter ‘N’ are to aircraft what license tags are to automobiles.
transitive verb -gg-
- 1 (label)(article/item)ponerle una etiqueta a(Computing)(criminal)she was tagged the Iron Ladycontrolar por medios electrónicosse le puso el apodo de Dama de HierroExample sentences
- The bear was tagged before it was released, to show that it had been causing trouble.
- Then there was the long task of unpacking, labeling, tagging, and re-packing every single can of pickles.
- About four days before, Rose had left her larger suitcases, tagged and labeled with her name, waiting out on her front porch to be picked up and transported to camp ahead of her.
- I was amazed by the Green Party members during question time today when they were complaining about the Minister of Conservation tagging dolphins with an electronic tag that was to be picked up by satellite.
- She will be electronically tagged for the first six months, to stop her leaving her home between 8pm and 6pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Hardcore teenage criminals will be electronically tagged or subjected to intensive surveillance under a tough new penalty being launched in South Yorkshire today.
- Audio could be tagged, but not downloaded easily.
- The S-bit is applied to code that needs to be secure, and a separate portion of an ARM processor monitors and identifies data tagged with an S-bit.
- If tagging works well for VoIP then expect the same for video and audio, too.
- do you mind if I tag along?
- 1verb + adverbto tag on (
- uncountable (Games)to play tagjugar al corre que te pillo or (Mexico) a la roña or (Colombia) a la lleva or (River Plate area) a la mancha or (Chile) a la pintaExample sentences
- Speed frequently determines who is safe or out, who is caught during games of tag, or who will win the race.
- The girls stopped spinning and began chasing each other in an impromptu game of freeze tag.
- There were children running around, laughing and chasing each other in a game that looked like tag.
- (in baseball)agarrar fuera de baseExample sentences
- As the pitcher straddles the rubber and the runner takes his lead, the first baseman tags the runner.
- The boy ran to home base and tagged a runner running in.
- If Jeter says he tagged the runner, he tagged the runner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.