The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.
n(British English/inglés británico)
- 1.1 (restaurant) restaurante (masculine) de comida para llevarMore example sentences1.2 (meal) comida (feminine) preparada we had a takeaway compramos comida para llevar
More example sentences
- Almost half the weight of some chicken sold through restaurants and takeaways is made up of water and food additives, according to an investigation.
- He works seven nights a week delivering food for a Chinese restaurant and a pizza takeaway.
- Currently in the High Street there are two Indian takeaways, two fish and chip shops, a Chinese takeaway and a pizza takeaway.
- Many of today's young people, existing on takeaways or meals taken out of the freezer and bunged in the microwave, complain about the cost of things.
- But despite feeding ready meals and takeaways to their children parents are eating far less of them - on average just 64 ready meals each a year.
- About once a fortnight, I eat a fatty takeaway for dinner: fish and chips, Chinese, kebabs.