- 1.1 countable/numerable (person) tamil (masculine and feminine), tamul (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (language) tamul (masculine)
More example sentences
- Funds were raised for his defence not only in India but also by the Tamils in South Africa.
- Many Tamils in Sri Lanka identify with this homeland, which runs along the shores of the Bay of Bengal in India.
- Like many Tamils in northern Sri Lanka, his health was seriously affected by the country's protracted civil war.
- While its history is shrouded, it set the stage for an outpouring of medieval poetry in Tamil, a Dravidian language.
- Immigrants from the states of southern India speak regional languages like Tamil, Telegu, or Malayalam.
- Though he is not familiar with Tamil language, he loves speaking in Tamil.