- 1 c and u (strong taste) sabor (masculine) fuerte; (sharp taste) acidez (feminine); (smell) olor (masculine) penetranteMore example sentences
- The balmy wind caressed their cheeks as they could taste the salty tang of the sea on their lips.
- Tasting the salty tang of my own sweat, I sighed tiredly.
- She had missed the smell of the sea, the salty tang to the breeze that brushed her cloak and her hair.
- 2 countable/numerable (of blade) espiga (feminine)More example sentences
- The knife has a curvaceous handle with front and rear guards built into the full tang blade steel.
- This Japanese Sword Index has very detailed and thorough information about sword types, blades, tangs, even flaws.
- The models have concealed tangs inside the handles, again with one-piece construction of solid steel.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.