Translation of tank in Spanish:
- 1 (for liquid, gas)(on trucks, rail wagons etc) cisterna (feminine)fermentation tankscubas (feminine plural) de fermentacióndeveloping tank (Photography)cubeta (feminine) de reveladoExample sentences
- Only two tonnes of liquid chlorine spilt from a storage tank after an equipment failure, but it was enough to cause plenty of drama.
- The protest forced the field to halt production in order to prevent its 2,000-barrel storage tanks from overflowing.
- Moreover, much of the water supply is deliberately contaminated by willful destruction of sewers, water pipes and storage tanks.
- The fuel tank still contained gasoline and the majority of rubber hoses and other rubber items were in such condition that they could be reused if wanted.
- With a full tank of fuel, the weight bias shifts rearwards slightly, which helps traction, as does the standard limited slip differential.
- Fuel tanks could be considered the container of the lifeblood of your Mazda.
- 2 (Military)Example sentences
- There is no doubt we have the finest tanks and infantry fighting vehicles in the world.
- Among the advantages, few of the Army's tanks and armored fighting vehicles were lost to enemy action, and in most cases, their crews survived.
- Other reports indicated that hundreds of people were being indiscriminately mowed down by tanks and armoured vehicles in various suburbs.
- 3 (jail) (American English) [slang]cárcel (feminine)
cana (feminine) (South America) [slang]
chirona (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]
tanque (masculine) or tambo (masculine) (Mexico) [colloquial]
guandoca (feminine) (Colombia) [colloquial]Example sentences
- I got thrown in once when I was underage, not to eventful though...tried to get a cop to drive me home, he said sure and drove me straight to the tank.
- And don't refrain from telling your friends: Among drunks, the real ones anyway, a night in the tank is a very large feather in the drinking cap.
- Get thrown in the tank and they let me out at 6am and give me back my shoe laces and bifocal sunglasses I don't even remember them and just kind of smiled when the girl was emptying the bag.
- (American English) [colloquial] (stock market)
fracasar estrepitosamenteExample sentences
- I know a great deal about movies - what's tanking, what's opened wide, what's in turnaround, what the buzz is.
- For a movie that was so different, it should surprise no one that the movie tanked at the box office and was generally reviled by the critical press.
- As the rest of Asia's economies tanked during the financial crisis that began in 1997, Taiwan remained afloat.
- 1 (with fuel)
llenar el tanque2 (with alcohol) [colloquial]
tomarse unas cuantas [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.