- uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (for roads) alquitrán (masculine), chapopote (masculine) (Mexico/México) ; (in cosmetics) brea (feminine) a tar based soap/shampoo un jabón/champú a la brea to beat the tar out of sb (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] moler* a algn a palos [colloquial/familiar], sacarle* la mugre a algn (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences1.2 (in cigarettes) alquitrán (masculine) low tar cigarettes cigarrillos (masculine plural) de bajo contenido en alquitrán
More example sentences
- Depending on the type and location of the flashings, roofing tar or silicone or butyl rubber sealants can be used to seal small cracks and gaps.
- Using oils, acrylics, resin and tar on both wood and canvas support, the work reflects industrial, urban, suburban and natural views.
- For roofs this is generally done by applying a coating such as tar, acrylic, silicone or rubberized paint.
- The ratio of tar to nicotine produced in the tobacco smoke of low tar cigarettes is in fact closely similar to that of conventional cigarettes.
- Since 1980, members of the coalition have tried to persuade tobacco companies to limit the yields of tar and nicotine in cigarettes sold in developing countries and to add health warnings on their packaging.
- Although triggers such as tobacco tar and radioactive radon gas are known to be linked to lung cancer, little is understood of the genetic damage that causes the disease.