Translation of taste in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (flavor) a strong garlicky tasteun fuerte sabor or gusto a ajoit looks good, but it has no tastetiene buen aspecto, pero no sabe a nadato leave a bad taste in the mouthdejarle a alguien (un) mal sabor de bocaExample sentences1.2 (sense) to be bitter/sweet to the taste
tener un sabor or gusto amargo/dulce al paladarExample sentences
- Three weeks later she complained of a metallic taste and a burning sensation in her mouth.
- The taste explodes in your mouth.
- Water supplies in a South Lakeland town are leaving an earthy taste in people's mouths following an outbreak of algae.
- Sensory evaluation is analysis of product attributes perceived by the human senses of smell, taste, touch, sight, and hearing.
- Of the five senses - touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing - which one is most important to a naval aviator?
- For no spirit could feel things if it were defined under our interpretation of senses: touch, taste, smell, hearing and sight are under no part of the term spirit.
- 2 (no plural) 2.1 (sample, small amount) can I have a taste of your ice cream?¿me dejas probar tu helado?would you like some dessert? — just a taste¿quieres postre? — solo un poquito para probarlo2.2 (experience) once you've had a taste of the good life …una vez que sabes lo que es bueno or que has probado la buena vida …it'll give us a taste of what we can expectnos dará una idea or será un anticipo de lo que podemos esperarit was their first taste of democracyera su primera experiencia de la democraciaa taste of one's own medicineI'll give her a taste of her own medicinela voy a tratar como ella trata a los demás
le voy a dar una sopa de su propio chocolate (Mexico)(to get my own back) le voy a pagar con su misma monedahe got a taste of his own medicinelo trataron como él trata a los demás ( or le dieron una sopa de su propio chocolate etc)
- 3 countable or uncountable (liking) we try to cater for every tastetratamos de satisfacer todos los gustosour tastes are entirely differenttenemos gustos totalmente distintosit's too salty for my tasteestá demasiado salado para mi gustomy taste is really more for sweet thingsla verdad es que prefiero las cosas dulcesa taste (
forsomething)if you have a taste for adventure …si te gusta la aventura …vermouth is an acquired tasteal vermú hay que aprender a apreciarloI developed a taste for vintage wines
el vermú es un gusto que se adquiere con el tiempoles tomé el gusto a los vinos de reservahe has expensive tastestiene gustos carosto be to one's tasteser de su ( or mi etc) gustoit's very much to my tastees muy de mi gustoit's not to everyone's tasteno le gusta a todo el mundoit's a matter of taste
no es del gusto de todo el mundoes (una) cuestión de gustosadd salt/sugar to tasteañadir sal/azúcar a voluntad or al gustothere's no accounting for tastesobre gustos no hay nada escritoExample sentences
- The chef has made it more sour and sweet to meet the taste of Southern people and the dish is actually fairly bland.
- Some say this might weaken the brand power of Reeb, but Huang believes the new Reeb with four flavours may cater to the tastes of more Shanghai people.
- I tried vanilla coke when it came out, and it was very tasty, but given my addiction to plain diet coke… it was a bit too sweet for my tastes.
- The busy silence that occurred before the conductor returned to the stage - like the opening moments of Sgt Pepper's - was more to my taste.
- My brother and I share the same taste in food, drink and humour but when it comes to cars we disagree.
- Obviously, it depends on having a decent-sized sample of your musical tastes before it can make sensible recommendations.
- 4 uncountable (judgment) a person of tasteuna persona de buen gusto or con gustoshe has excellent taste in clothestiene un gusto excelente para vestirsea remark in extremely bad/poor taste
se viste con muy buen gustoun comentario de pésimo/mal gustoit was extremely bad taste to criticize him in front of herfue de pésimo gusto criticarlo delante de ellaExample sentences
- The analysis appreciates Densher's exercise of good taste in his ability to feel Milly's pain and ultimately to repudiate her fortune.
- That hardly any believers approach aesthetic taste in this way is in no small part the reason we are flailing about today in a culture of ugliness and death.
- Are standards of taste in music, art, or entertainment being raised, maintained or debased?
- 1 (test flavor of)(food/wine)taste this
probarprueba estoExample sentences
- Critics tasting these wines without food and in large groups often miss wines like these that do not hammer their palates into submission.
- After our food writers and editors taste each dish, it's first come, first served for the rest of the staff, so it pays to hurry when you smell something good.
- Then, Kaga and four judges taste the food and pronounce the winner.
- To insure good luck in the coming year one must taste all courses, and there must also be an even number of people at the table to ensure good health.
- Fruit and vegetables were then provided at lunch and school staff rewarded children for tasting them or for eating whole portions.
- We couldn't have a Greek meal without tasting some baklava, so we ordered one portion to share.
- 3 (perceive flavor) I can't taste the sherry in the soupla sopa no me sabe a jerez
no le encuentro sabor a jerez a la sopa
no le siento gusto a jerez a la sopa (Latin America)
- 1 (have flavor) it tastes bittertiene (un) sabor or gusto amargothis tastes delicious
sabe amargoesto está delicioso or riquísimoit tastes fine to mea mí me sabe bienfreedom/success tastes good
para mi gusto está bienla libertad/el éxito deja buen sabor de bocato taste
ofsomethingsaberit tastes of garlic aalgosabe a ajo
tiene sabor or gusto a ajoExample sentences
- Sick of wines that tasted of artificial flavours and chemicals, he confided his frustration to his wife.
- We foraged for the elusive baski, an absurdly delicious wild strawberry that tasted of cherry and blackcurrant too.
- The lung was repellently spongy and tasted of bleach.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.