Translation of terror in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (fear) they fled in terrorhuyeron aterrorizados or despavoridosto rule by terrorgobernar sembrando el terrorterror of the unknownterror a lo desconocidoher terror of her fatherel terror que le tenía a su padrehe lives in terror of being found outvive aterrorizado ante la posibilidad de que lo descubranto go in terror of one's lifetemer por su ( or mi etc) vidato strike terror in(to) somebody/somebody's heartinfundirle terror a alguienthe (Reign of) Terror
infundir el terror en alguienel (Régimen del) TerrorExample sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (frightening person, thing) the terrors of war
los horrores de la guerrashe was the terror of her subordinatestenía aterrorizados a sus subalternos
- Fearing a curse, the townspeople fled in terror as soon as the weather broke.
- I have lived those years both in dread of attending the party and in terror of missing it.
- In fact, it's surprising how little you notice when you've got your eyes firmly shut and you're screaming in terror.
- 2 countable (difficult person) [colloquial]that kid is a little terrorese niño es un diablillo [colloquial]he must be a terror to work fortiene que ser terrible tenerlo como jefe [colloquial]she's a terror for cleanlinessExample sentences
- If you believe children should be seen and not heard, it may be best to avoid visiting during the school holidays - when tiny terrors abound.
- Thankfully, my own little terrors decided to play fair on New Year's Day and let me have a bit of a lie-in until 8.45 am.
- The three Mexican terrors know and respect the Belfast man, who lives and trains in the boxing crossroads of Las Vegas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.