- 1 (Economics)(industry/sector)
- Yet the poor still resort to the public services for more of their secondary and tertiary level care than do the better off.
- There is a strong echo of elegance, but the tertiary flavours of nut and oxidised or Madeira-like notes are now coming to the foreground.
- The Mediterranean theater has long been a theater of tertiary importance to the legion of historians writing about World War II.
- 2 (British) (of education)tertiary educationeducación (feminine) superior or de nivel terciarioExample sentences
- In response to the need to improve access to tertiary education, universities are increasingly implementing online delivery solutions.
- Physicians and some nurses are educated at universities, and tertiary education is expensive.
- The scholarship also involves tertiary study through the University of Queensland.