Translation of thaw in Spanish:
deshacerse(frozen food)the atmosphere soon thawed (out) once we got talking
descongelarseen cuanto nos pusimos a hablar el ambiente empezó a relajarserelations between the two countries are thawinglas relaciones entre los dos países se están haciendo más cordiales or se están distendiendohis shyness slowly thawedpoco a poco fue perdiendo la timidezExample sentences
- Or they abandoned ship altogether and slogged to shore, hoping to regain their vessels when the ice thawed.
- There's never a reason to leave food thawing on the counter.
- But closer study at the nearby University of Alaska revealed an assortment of bacterial cells, many of which came to life as soon as the ice thawed.
- (Meteorology)Example sentences
- Today was much warmer and consequently it thawed and roads became very muddy, just as if a heavy rain had fallen.
- But of the state of the pitch, he recalls: ‘During the week, it had snowed, then thawed and then frozen again and there was ice under all that water on the surface.’
- (Meteorology, Politics) a thaw has set inha empezado el deshielothe diplomatic thawel deshielo de las relaciones diplomáticasExample sentences
- Weather forecasters said a thaw would get under way today.
- Mid-March did not see the thaw in the weather that people had hoped for.
- But such is the capricious side to April's weather that the sun shone the following day and a rapid thaw set in turning the snow-laden streets into water courses.
- And now, in the light of the recent thaw in relations between Libya and the West, Scotland Yard detectives have agreed to carry her plea to the ears of the dictator.
- In 2000, the Indian government banned all home and away cricket against Pakistan but the policy was changed in 2003 after a thaw in relations.
- But the sudden thaw in relations between the two sides could not guarantee that the eight-day strike planned to start on Friday would be called off.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.