n (pl -ses /-siːz/)
- 1.1 (argument) tesis (f)More example sentences1.2 (dissertation) tesis (f); (shorter) tesina (f)
More example sentences
- The thesis you put forward equating leftist parties has the same credibility as the joke about Hitler and Stalin.
- My impression of your central thesis is that, contrary to how we may view ourselves as a society, we are in fact a lot more uptight about sex than we'd like to believe.
- Although ingeniously and entertainingly argued with a wealth of detail, the thesis is not conclusively proven.
- In traditional paper-based university libraries, higher degree theses and research articles are viewed and treated very differently.
- The book is a compilation of doctoral candidates' dissertations and theses.
- These essays grew out of my Columbia University master's thesis on Hopkins, written in 1942.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.