Translation of thorough in Spanish:
- 1.1 (conscientious)(wash/clean)
a fondo(knowledge)give the glasses a thorough rinse
sólidoenjuaga los vasos cuidadosamente
enjuaga bien los vasosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (complete) (before noun)
- The physician also should perform a thorough physical examination of the child, looking for any unusual marks or bruises.
- An experienced structural engineer performed a thorough examination of the school building.
- This is the most thorough examination by divers of the wreck site since 1982.
(idiot)a thorough waste of time
- I'm trying very hard to be careful and thorough, and to present new information and new claims as they become available.
- As a mathematician, Dodgson was rather conservative but certainly thorough and careful.
- Eventually we will know these things, but we must be diligent, thorough, persistent and patient.
perfectouna total or absoluta pérdida de tiempoa thorough nuisanceuna verdadera lata [colloquial]Example sentences
- Success in this environment requires a thorough understanding of systems theory.
- Prevention only works when you have a thorough understanding about how and why things fail.
- Whenever he was doing something in mathematics, he always strove to achieve a thorough understanding of the subject.
- It is indicative of the thorough mess Britain's farmers are in when a beef crisis tax threatens the livelihood of pork producers.
- Mather had excellent support in the back row, with Hills making a thorough nuisance of himself, as every openside should.
- It was a fitting tribute to a thorough gentleman, consummate professional and true Celt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.