Translation of thorough in Spanish:
- 1.1 (conscientious) [person] concienzudo, cuidadoso, esmerado; [search/investigation] meticuloso, minucioso, riguroso; [wash/clean] a fondo; [knowledge] sólido give the glasses a thorough rinse enjuaga los vasos cuidadosamente, enjuaga bien los vasosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (complete) (before noun/delante del nombre) [idiot] perfecto a thorough waste of time una total or absoluta pérdida de tiempo a thorough nuisance una verdadera lata [colloquial/familiar]
- The physician also should perform a thorough physical examination of the child, looking for any unusual marks or bruises.
- An experienced structural engineer performed a thorough examination of the school building.
- This is the most thorough examination by divers of the wreck site since 1982.
- I'm trying very hard to be careful and thorough, and to present new information and new claims as they become available.
- As a mathematician, Dodgson was rather conservative but certainly thorough and careful.
- Eventually we will know these things, but we must be diligent, thorough, persistent and patient.
- Success in this environment requires a thorough understanding of systems theory.
- Prevention only works when you have a thorough understanding about how and why things fail.
- Whenever he was doing something in mathematics, he always strove to achieve a thorough understanding of the subject.
- It is indicative of the thorough mess Britain's farmers are in when a beef crisis tax threatens the livelihood of pork producers.
- Mather had excellent support in the back row, with Hills making a thorough nuisance of himself, as every openside should.
- It was a fitting tribute to a thorough gentleman, consummate professional and true Celt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.